Here are a few good next steps to learn more or to get started:
- Read the AdWords help article about AMP.
- Read the AdWords Developer’s Guide to AMP, which covers some of the typical concerns around personalized content, conversion tracking, A/B testing and more.
- Test the impact for your own site. If you don’t have a testing tool, you can use AdWords’ Draft & Experiments (D&E) where you create a draft campaign, add the AMP URLs as the Mobile Final URL (for each ad), and then launch this as an experiment.
There are a few caveats when using Experiments:
- You will need a lot of conversions in your campaign to receive a statistically significant result.
- D&E decides a searcher’s A/B assignment with every query, so if your customers likely click your ads a few times before buying, this might not give you a true sense (since the conversion will be attributed to whether or not the last click followed an AMP page interaction).
TIP: Make sure every landing page in the draft has an AMP equivalent page, so this is a true apples-to-apples comparison.
Visualize your Marketing Stack. marketingIO will analyze your marketing technology and deliver a visual of your MarTech Stack. Free. Go here: http://go.marketingio.com/stack_analysis